Zucchini bread is rich and decadent, especially when you add chocolate chips!
Can you peel zucchini to make bread? There is no need to do this-the zucchini skin is very thin and you won't notice any taste or texture after baking. In fact, the bright green rind adds a beautiful color to this dish (unless you want to hide it for picky eaters!).
How do you grind zucchini to make zucchini bread? Use a cassette grater, for example, to grind cheese. The largest or second largest hole in the box grater should give you good zucchini slices (which will not turn into liquid after being grated). You can also use the grater attachment on a food processor, but cleaning the equipment may be more laborious than manually grind a small amount of such equipment. Spiralization is also a good way to cut zucchini.
What is the point of zucchini bread? This is a delicious and simple way to use zucchini and add some vegetables and nutrients to other sweets. This bread can also be used for muffins (adjust the baking time to about 20-22 minutes). In addition, it is a supplement to a delicious breakfast, snack or lunch box.
- Butter or cooking spray, for greasing pan1 3/4 c.
- all-purpose flour3/4 tsp.
- baking powder3/4 tsp.
- baking soda1/2 tsp.
- kosher salt1 tsp.
- ground cinnamon3/4 c.
- dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips2
- large eggs1/3 c.
- vegetable oil1/2 c.
- light brown sugar, packed2/3 c.
- granulated sugar2 tsp.
- vanilla extract1 1/2 c.
- shredded zucchini, packed2 tbsp.
- coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 360˚. Butter or spray the inside of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add chocolate chips or walnuts (if using).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle jaggery on top. Bake for 40-55 minutes, until a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the bread leaving a slight crumb. Cover the remaining bread with a lid and store it at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.